Ensuring your project or document is translated correctly is of great importance to us at ATS, and we are always happy to work with you to ensure that the end result is the best fit for your brand and company. Since we know how valuable your time is, we have created a checklist to help speed the process along for you. The more we know about your project from the beginning, the faster and easier it will be to assemble the correct team of translators and editors to make your project a success!
- Which languages are we working with? Determine the source language (the language the document is in before translation), as well as which language(s) you will be translating the document into (the target language(s)).
- Who is the target audience? If the readers will be from a certain area or region, let us know. There are often different dialects of the same language, so knowing who will be reading the text is helpful if it’s intended for a specific audience!
- What type of document are you translating? It’s important to know what type of translation we will be handling for you. We will have different teams handle legal documents as opposed to marketing materials or medical release forms, for example. A brief description of the type of document or file is helpful to ensure we get the right team on board for your project.
- What file formats do you prefer to work in?g. PDF, Word, .mp3, In Design, etc. If you have a copy of the source text ready and available when you request the quote, that’s even better! Please let us know what format(s) you would like to receive back from us once the translated file is ready.
- What is your deadline for the translation? If you are on a tight deadline, be sure to mention this. We’ll gladly begin working with our team of translators and editors to see what their availability is and also determine if any rush fees would be applicable.
- Will you need Desktop Publishing (DTP) or special formatting, or will this be done in-house? ATS is glad to offer assistance with DTP and formatting if required. If you’re unsure if you’ll need to be quoted for this step, just ask. We’re happy to take a look!
No matter where you are in the process, know that we are always glad to assist you along the way. If you have any specific questions at all, please don’t hesitate to contact us! You can also request a free consultation directly from our website.
If you found this article useful, you may also enjoy: